Saturday 2 October 2021

Oddball Countdown Calendar

I am not sure how to have an excited scream about a digital stamp company but Oddball Digital Stamps is worth an extra big EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK!!!  Lizzy Love is the owner and she is an amazing artist!!!  When I got these stamps I had no idea what on earth I was going to create- so I started with a card......



but I loved loved loved the images so much that I went further and decided to created a countdown calendar for Halloween because the images just said....USE ME WOMAN- so of course I obliged.....


I started with a wood canvas and painted it black.  I used patterned paper that had pumpkin faces pre cut and glued it on with non other than Gorilla glue.  Just as I was about to glue it I thought about inking the edges with some purple ink to bring the images together.  

Starting at the top and working down.....


I used a page from a Making Memories 8 x8 album to make it look like the balloon that the Big Eyed Zombie with Balloon had.  The moon was coloured from a light grey to mimmic the scary man in the moon.  


The Haunted House I coloured with Prismacolors and used  some vellum ghosts stickers that I have had for years.  The Boo was covered with sparkly silver paper and I thinned  some black acrylic paint to the edges to make the drippy effect.  The eyes used were also from The zombie girl with a balloon, so I printed two and coloured them to be the   embellishment for the "O"'s.  

The bat is from Oddball Digi Stamps as well and I added googly eyes for a bit of charm.  The tree and behind the "BOO" came from a sticker sheet from Echo Park Emporium Collection which no doubt is from a few years ago....lol. My supplies were all in storage for a number of years...AAAAhhhhhh its so nice to touch the supplies again.   

The middle section I constructed on its own and then added it with gorilla glue...teehee gotta be my fav.  adhesive.  I used the back of a picture that was black.  I used an acetate frame and glued it to making memories spider web paper.  The embellies were so much fun to add also because I tried to keep everything so a preschool child to adult could "count" the items...making it a game.  



The bottom and sides I got to use flowers and leaves to enhance the colors on the zombie girl.  adding a lime green ribbon to hang onto the balloon, seemed right before it flew away.  


The zombie girl was coloured with Prismacolors and I worked the colors back and forth until I found the right shade and depth.  It cannot be seen as clearly on the photo but she makes even the Spookiest outfit gleam!



Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!  A huge thank you to Lizzy at Oddball Digi Stamps  for the amazing images!  I am glad you participated in the Crafty Calendar Challenge- Can't wait to see your awesome creations!
Happy Crafting' Y'all
Cheers







6 comments:

  1. Fantastic project Tarah! So many fabulous and fun details.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that's stunning, Tarah! Love it!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love this Tarah so many elements to it! hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation, Tarah. Lots of lovely spooky detail. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tarah I just had to pop over to thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog it lifted my heart with the fabulous things you said, I have the feeling that you love Oddball I have some of their images I think your creations are out of this world.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Oddball Countdown Calendar

I am not sure how to have an excited scream about a digital stamp company but  Oddball Digital Stamps  is worth an extra big EEEEEEEKKKKKKKK...